I sometimes think I am my own worst nightmare, self-sabotaging before things even gets off the ground. Making a mess inside my own head then telling myself that it’s ok, I’m just protecting myself from potential harm. Over thinking even the most simplest of things because the very thought that I could actually deserve or be worthy of something seems too far-fetched for me, so I reply scenarios in my head coming up with all the variable options then slowly bit by bit I tear down each and every single one of those options. Discrediting them, discounting facts I do not know or yet understand all the way to making sure that I take apart all the scenarios I’ve played in my head. I sometimes in the dark of the night, looking up to the ceiling I genuinely believe that I am my own worst enemy, not the people around me plotting evil – trust me there are plenty people waiting and watching to see you fail – I seem to make a habit of tearing myself apart as if the world isn’t ful...
Resigning from my job was one of the hardest but most fulfilling things I've ever done in my life. I spent hours trying to word the resignation letter correctly, making sure it was convincing not just to my soon to be former employees but also to myself because I knew that as soon as I hit send there was no turning back. Then almost an hour of screaming and my former boss patronizing me and telling me how I did not utilize my time at work right - with a straight face mind you - it was at that instant that she looked me in the eyes and could so convincingly lie to herself about my role in her company that's when my light bulb moment came on and I knew it was time for me to leave. I spent the first few days after my resignation on a relative high, laughing, joking, sleeping and eating well for the first time in months. I felt like the load over my shoulder had been lifted and I could feel that the old me was coming back. After months of looking at myself in the mirror and not r...
Family – the craze people we are biologically and sometimes not biologically related too. We laugh with them, we cry with them, sometimes we stop talking to them not because we don’t love them but because we just need to get some space from them. They meddle in our live, give us unwanted advice and sometimes tell stories that we wish they could have kept to themselves but most importantly we love them. This week I went to see my aunt and uncle, just to hang - in my defence it was a great idea when I started with it. I got there in a jolly mood because I had not seen them in a long time - now my family is one of those families that if we don’t see each other for a little over two weeks we think that is a long time. So there we were sitting laughing, joking, telling stories, giving advice (wanted and unwanted) but all in all it was good time. Two hours into my visit my elder aunt walks in with my cousins and that’s when things went a little craze. We started talking about politic...
Comments
Post a Comment